If you have an Aloe Vera plant in your home that’s really good or if not, then consider keeping it as a house-plant to your home, the Aloe Vera plant offers many astonishing health benefits.
Below we have a huge list of remarks for first aid treatments you can benefit from, find information here for growing your own and several tips for using it.
How to Treat a Wound
- Clean a wound carefully
- Apply pulp over the wounded part
- Wrap the bandage firmly but not too tightly
- Keep bandage soaked in Aloe Vera juice or ointment
You will see how the wound will heal fast and naturally leaving little or no scar, bandage will remove easily. There is also a much reduced risk of infection.
For lightening minor scar removal, keep applying aloe juice every day in the morning and night. It may take several months to see a great response.
For painful scrapes and abrasions, gently slide a split leaf over the area. Reapply several times.
To Treat Burns & Sunburns
- Aloe vera gel is good for soothing and treating sunburns and other burns, apply gel from a leaf directly to burned area.
- Daily intake of one or two TBS of Aloe juice/gel. This will act like a general tonic and mild regulator of the bowels.
Sap Extraction For Bowel Regulation
The sap is a yellow bitter fluid that flows between the skin and the pulp acts as a laxative.
- Place green peelings of a leaf in a jar of water and refrigerate. The more leaves in the jar, the stronger the tonic will be.
- Take a few sips once or twice a week to help regulate your bowels. Top up the jar with fresh leaves as needed.
Scalp & Hair
This plant’s juice can add lustre, richness and manageability to hair as well as heal some scalp abrasions and diseases:
- Before bedtime wet hair thoroughly with juice and allow to dry. Rinse thoroughly in the morning (may suds up a bit).
Poison Ivy, Poison Oak & Allergies
Can be used as a pain inhibitor and reduce itchiness, also enhances healing of rashes and sores:
- For relief apply juice directly to area that is irritated.
Pregnancy Stretch Marks
- Apply juice directly to skin while pregnant, after birth keep applying to encourage healing.
Insect Bites, Jellyfish Stings, Etc.
Bees, mosquitoes, ants, wasps, yellow jackets, scorpions, centipedes and other insects Also see these home remedies for mosquito bites.:
- As soon as the bite or sting occurs, split open a leaf and apply it directly to the bite area.
- Dice up leaves and place pieces in a jar of water, refrigerate. Drink 4 Tablespoons per day and top up water in the jar as consumed. The drink can be bitter but it does go away over time. Some may find relief right away, many don’t find relief until a couple months later. Make a fresh jar of leaves as needed.
- For aching joints and muscles, rub Aloe Vera on the skin, relief should be felt within a few minutes and can be repeated as necessary.
Age Skin Spots
- Apply juice to the spots twice a day, spots will be reduced or completely removed after several months of treatment.
- Give your skin a good cleansing morning and night. Apply juice directly from the leaf. Can also apply to pimples and other sores.
- For removing old acne scars, apply a little juice morning and night until the scars are gone. This can take several months. If skin is dry, apply with a moisturizing cream.
- Boil leaves in a pan of water and breathe in the vapor.
Determining If You Are Allergic To It
Before applying any first aid treatments, find out if you have an allergy to it first. If you’re allergic to aloe vera, you may experience the results opposite to what you were hoping for. Here’s how you can quickly find out if you’re allergic to it:
- Apply a small amount of juice on the inside of your arm or behind your ears. If a rash appears or you experience a stinging sensation within a few minutes, do not use for first aid.
Did You Know:
- After removing a leaf to treat a burn or cut, you can refrigerate it and it will keep for 2 to 3 weeks.
- It’s an astringent and may cause skin to dry. You can apply baby oil or other lubricant along with the aloe to help prevent dryness.
- What leaf is best to use in first aid treatments? The lowest leaves (closest to the ground) should be used first. These are older and larger so they have more juice and greater potency.
Caution For Diabetics:
Drinking Aloe Vera juice might enable the pancreas to produce more of its own insulin. Before taking internally, diabetics should have their physician monitor their need for extra insulin since too much is dangerous.
Source – Much of this information is found in the booklet:
The Ancient Egyptian Medicine Plant Aloe Vera Hand Book
Author: Max B. Skousen
Note: Please remember this is not professional medical advice, use due diligence and speak to your doctor before implementing any of these home remedies and treatments.
Article Source: How to heal with aloe vera plants tips guide